- Me: Wanna watch a movie?
- Mom: No, but you can watch one.
- Me: I'm tired of hanging out with myself.
- Me: I'm at work - I'm surrounded by a thousand tampons. We got all these sample tampons and I need to take them out of their package to save space.
- Braids: Sounds like a good use of your education.
- Me: Two degrees and twenty thousand dollars of debt later.
- Me: This is depressing. I need to tumble this.
- Me: Ugh, I can't believe I have to take all these plastic bags full of crap with me. How ghetto.
- Mom: Well, you ARE riding the bus...
I frequently sub for a Special Education teacher in our district - the kids love me so she just calls me on my cell whenever she needs a sub. I HATE subbing general ed but whenever I get into a special ed classroom… I don’t know how to explain it, I’m just in my element. All of the kids left except one girl who I had to stay with for about 45 minutes until she got picked up and we started talking about how she is going to prom this weekend but she is scared to dance because she doesn’t know how to and she thinks all the “cool girls who know all the cool dance moves” will make fun of her if they see her dancing. Well, if there is one thing I love in life it’s dancing! I gave her a pep talk, told her everyone is too self-absorbed and worried about what they look like to care about anyone else. With that I put on the radio and we DANCED. She felt great, I felt great. Life is great.